GENERAL TERMS OF TRADE
This is a basic understanding of intent between NOMAD and our customers and is necessary in order to provide a good quality service and value for money whilst ensuring NOMAD gets paid for its efforts & commitment and risk.
Terms and Conditions - www.nomadseakayaking.co.uk
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect when posted on the website and dated in the header notes. It is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use our service and your continued use of our service shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions. If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our website. Our terms and conditions are binding on all of our customer orders made online and manually over the telephone.
Payments - BACS Transfer, Smartphone PinGit
- All trips must be paid for at least 2 weeks prior to the trip/programme i.e. the funds must clear our bank account. Should we not receive the funds at least 2 weeks prior to launch date, your place will be forfeited.
- Unless otherwise stated/agreed, our standard payment terms of SEVEN (7) DAYS from date of despatch of invoice apply to all accounts. We maintain the right to charge interest at base rate + 4% interest charged for every day the account remains outstanding, after a grace period of a further 7 days calculated from the next working day.
Returns, Cancellations and Specification
- Non-warranty product returns (excluding our error) will be exchanged or refunded provided the product is returned in the supplied condition, unused in its original undamaged packaging within 10 days of purchase. Postage/carriage charges on non-warranty returns will not be refunded and a 10% transaction charge will be levied to cover the charges incurred by us in processing and refunding your order.
- A return for refund made after 10 days of purchase will incur a 25% restocking charge (excludes warranty returns).
- Orders cancelled after the payment has been processed will incur a 25% transaction charge to cover our time and administration costs.
- Manufacturer specifications may change without our being notified. Product supplied will always achieve, or exceed the specification described on the web site.
- There is a one off standard administration charge of £40 for all new Members joining regardless of how they pay. This will be charged to all Membership applications as well as any Membership cancellations who cancel their memberships before having made any monthly or one off yearly subscription payments.
Cancellation of Trips, Courses and Events-Retail Guests (a-g) and Members (h-m)
- Booked & scheduled trips that are cancelled due to NOMAD Ventures Ltd.being unable to fulfil the trip due to a supply issue on the part of NOMAD Ventures Limited i.e. lack of equipment or staff, all retail Guest/s will be refunded in full.
- Retail Guest cancellations with at least twenty eight days (28) notice will be refunded in full.
- Retail Guest cancellations made with at least twenty one (21) days’ notice will be refunded less 25% of the total cost of the trip (including VAT), to cover some of the potential loss of income for those seats, our administration costs and time lost.
- Retail Guest cancellations made with at least fourteen (14) days’ notice will be refunded less 50% of the total cost of the trip (including VAT), to cover some of the potential loss of income for those seats, our administration costs and time lost.
- Retail Guest cancellations within fourteen (14) days of the scheduled launch date will not be refunded.
- ‘No shows’ on the day will not be refunded.
- Retail Guests that have their trip re-scheduled due to inclement weather or circumstances out of our control such as serious staff injury, will be offered TWO (2) further dates as published on our website or at the discretion of management. Anyone unable to attend either of these dates will forfeit both their payment and their place in full. There will be no refund.
- Member cancellations with at least twenty eight days (28) notice will be refunded in full.
- Member cancellations made with at least twenty one (21) days’ notice will be charged 50% of the total cost of the trip, course or event (including VAT), to cover some of the potential loss of income for those seats, our administration costs and time lost.
- Member cancellations made with at least fourteen (14) days’ notice will be charged 75% of the total cost of the trip (including VAT), to cover some of the potential loss of income for those seats, our administration costs and time lost.
- Member cancellations within fourteen (14) days of the scheduled launch date will be charged 100% of the total cost of the trip (including VAT), to cover some of the potential loss of income for those seats, our administration costs and time lost.
- Member ‘No shows’ on the day will be charged 100% of the total cost of the trip (including VAT).
- Credit terms will not be offered and payment is within seven (7) days (including weekends and public holidays).
- We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you. Data is not provided or shared with any other third party other than the specified delivery address, all information is held within NOMAD Ventures Limited for internal use only.
Health & Safety
Sea kayaking is an outdoor sport and by its’ very nature can expose paddlers at its worst to;
- Strong currents and strong wind
- Rough sea/estuary conditions
- Cold & wind chill
- Paddling against strong currents and/or winds
- Other vessels
- Muscle & back aches
- General fatigue
- Wrist pain & muscle stiffness
- Blisters on hands
- Sea sickness
- Mild to extreme hypothermia/hyperthermia
- Shoulder dislocation
- Minor cuts & grazes/nicks etc.
All paddlers must be of reasonable fitness with guidelines as follows; as a minimum, paddlers MUST be able to carry out the following;
- Touch your toes whilst standing with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Run (slowly) a minimum of 200 metres without stopping/rest.
- Swim a minimum of 25 metres fully clothed.
Please come prepared. NOMAD Sea Kayaking cannot take responsibility for any injuries sustained prior to, whilst paddling and/or on completion of a trip/tour.Please note that we reserve the right to refuse participation to any paddlers who cannot meet the above requirements. We also reserve the right to ‘bale out’ any paddlers who are deemed to be unfit, overweight, slowing the group down unnecessarily or a potential danger to themselves, the group and/or the Guides.
Health & Safety Continued
You are obliged to inform your guide of any medical conditions you feel may affect you whilst out on the water. These include;
- Heart conditions
- Back/knee problems &/or shoulder problems
- Hearing and/or site problems
- Sea sickness
- Fears of deep water/swimming or any other relevant phobia/fears
- Joint injuries or previous shoulder dislocations
Be advised that we are unable to refund customers who ‘bale out’ of any trips, courses, events et cetera. We reserve the right to charge customers who have ‘baled out’ or have had to ‘bale out’ for any charges incurred to extricate the customers i.e. taxi/cab charges, fuel and parking costs and time incurred. ‘Bale out’ is defined as not being able to complete a trip, course or event for whatever reason/s.
Right of Participation
NOMAD Sea Kayaking and all of its Guides reserve the right to refuse participation in any of our trips, tours and/or course to anyone due to the following, non exhaustive list;
- No food and/or fluid brought for the event/trip.
- Inappropriate dress (please read our online guidelines).
- Under the influence of any substances i.e. alcohol, drugs, medication etc.
- Aggressive, abusive behaviour.
- ‘Unsafe’ attitude or approach to the experience. This is subjective and the final decision always lies with the Guide/s leading the trip/tour/course.
- Unable to control their craft i.e. basic manoeuvres like turning, steering, forward paddling and so on.
PLEASE NOTE: The Lead Guide and/or the Operations Director (NOMAD Ventures Limited) reserve the right to cancel or reschedule any trips or training programme due to weather, tides or unforeseen circumstances out of his/her control or that of the business. The decision is made based on safety first followed by guest comfort. Discounts or refunds will not be offered for re-schedules due to weather outside of our control and all guests will be offered the next TWO (2) consecutive, available dates as published on our website. Failure to accept one of the next two consecutive (available and published) dates, the trip/event will be forfeit.
NOMAD Guides are responsible for your safety and well being as well as doing the very best to ensure our customers gain the maximum enjoyment and value for money from their trip/tour/course. The more you help your Guide do this, the more you’ll get from the experience.
Satisfaction Guarantee: if you are dissatisfied with your trip or course, please contact us by emaili detailing your reasons and with the approval of the Operations Director, we will book you onto the next available date free of charge.
If you have any questions or comments, you should contact us.
Enquiries: 01473 - 375 026
Ipswich Haven Marina, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP3 0EA