Recoveries for Kayakers
Recoveries for Kayakers
Duration: 6 hrs. Distance: +/- 3nm. Group Size: 6-12. Coaches: x2. Coach Ratio: 6:1. Incl: Kayak, paddle & buoyancy aid. Skills: Beginner to confident. Fitness: Basic++
Recoveries for Kayakers offering deep tidal water recoveries for kayakers of all levels of ability over a full day.
- Covers assisted & self-recoveries & variations thereof in a supervised group in safe conditions that allows for effective practice & learning.
- Not for complete beginners, you should have effective control strokes in deep, tidal water.
- Ideal for sea kayaks & sit-on-top kayaks are welcome.
- Bring a packed lunch, snacks & drinks.
- Bring extra warm clothing for warmth.
- Sixteen years of age & over.
- We have 100% safety track record over 18 years!
- British Canoe & I.S.K.G.A trained & qualified, full time coaches.
- We offer 16ft+ sea kayaks with optional extras.
Kayaks are low impact & friendly to birdlife, marine mammals & sea life.
- No engine noise.
- No water pollution.
- Gentle & slow.
Award Winning Coaches
- Our coaching team has been recognised as highly commended.
- Amongst the most experienced coaches in the U.K with 15 years of full time coaching experience on the sea globally.
- The price you see is what you pay, no hidden costs.
- Everything you need to enjoy this experience is provided.
Options at your Discretion
- Select a different type of kayak to suit your needs.
- Ensure your valuables remain dry & secure with our optional Peli box range for hire or purchase.
- You can even opt for insurance that provides extra dates in case of unforeseen bad weather.
- You can use your own kayak & equipment if you choose to.
Recommended Activity by the Mental Health Foundation
- See Thriving with Nature Guide.
- Tranquility & beauty.
- Open space & time with yourself.
- Make new friends, make new memories.
- Physically invigorating.
- Targeted recovery/rescue skills for sea kayakers & general kayakers that saves lives & extends your paddling.
- Great exercise for core (abdominals, obliques & torso muscles).
- Fresh air, sunshine, wind, salt water!
Offset your Carbon Footprint
- You can offset your personal carbon footprint for this event with a click of your mouse.
- You can even donate a tree sapling or hedging & visit your growing tree in years to come.
A full day of individual & assisted recoveries in all forms of touring kayak, sea kayak & sit-on-top kayaks. Critical skills for paddlers who want to extend their paddling .... and a whole lot of fun too!
July 9th 2022
Finally I have achieved what I only hoped in my wildest dreams Nomad SK could teach me & give me the skills & confidence to do ... a long hard day of recoveries with the group at Bawdsey & then quietly pack the boat, slip round the corner & paddle north towards Shingle Street for the night. I'd hoped I could do it in 2020 but we know what went wrong there. Some learning points for others ... don't forget a spoon especially on frozen chili night, & I don't seem to be able to find the bag with the trowel!
Well done Tim, the photos look spectacular!
June 18th 2023
Thanks Peter, a pleasure to paddle with you as always! Keep up the good work and see you soon.
Felixstowe Ferry, IP11 9RZ
26th May 2024, 10:00 AM
Please provide your own kayak & paddle & buoyancy aid.