Intro to Kayaking
Intro to Kayaking
Duration: 6-7 hrs. Distance: +/- 2nm. Group Size: 6-12. Coaches: x2. Coach Ratio: 6:1. Incl: Kayak, paddle & buoyancy aid. Skills: Beginner. Fitness: Basic.
A must do entry level course for new paddlers. The fundamentals of safe paddling.
- Starts at 10am, finishes 4-5pm dependant on weather & group.
- Three stages; 1. Boat & paddle dynamics. 2. Water session teaching basic strokes & assisted recovery. 3. Equipment & clothing options (after lunch).
- Straight forward skills & information you need to know, no B.S!
- Fun! We want to have fun .... or why bother.
- You'll leave knowledgeable, capable & super enthused; guaranteed!
- Our fleet of sit-on-top kayaks are high quality & stable.
- We have 100% safety track record over 18 years!
- British Canoe & I.S.K.G.A trained & qualified, full time guides.
Kayaks are low impact & friendly to birdlife, marine mammals & sea life.
- No engine noise.
- No water pollution.
- Gentle & slow.
- Interaction Policy is in place which minimises any stress on animals (or paddlers). *See note at bottom of page.
Award Winning Coaches
- Our coaching team has been recognised as highly commended.
- Amongst the most experienced coaches in the U.K with 18 years of full time experience on the sea globally.
- The price you see is what you pay, no hidden costs.
- Everything you need to enjoy this experience is provided.
Options at your Discretion
- Select a different type of kayak to suit your needs.
- Ensure your valuables remain dry & secure with our optional Peli box range for hire or purchase.
- You can even opt for insurance that provides extra dates in case of unforeseen bad weather.
- You can use your own kayak & equipment if you choose to.
Recommended Activity by the Mental Health Foundation
- See Thriving with Nature Guide.
- Tranquility & beauty.
- Open space & time with yourself
- Make new friends, make new memories.
- Focus on fun!
- Great exercise for core (abdominals, obliques & torso muscles).
- Fresh air, sunshine, wind, salt water!
- Rebuild your confidence achieving skills you never thought you could.
Offset your Carbon Footprint
- You can offset your personal carbon footprint for this event with a click of your mouse.
- You can even donate a tree sapling or hedging & visit your growing tree in years to come.
An essential day course for anyone of any age & ability to do, to be safe on the water & have the skills to manage their kayak.
*NOMAD Sea Kayaking maintains a strict Interaction policy, which means we don’t approach any wild animals, bird, terrestrial or marine. This minimises their stress. This policy has been in place for the past fourteen years of our operations
This is the perfect course for guests wishing to develop skills for kayak fishing, leisure sit-on-top kayaking, river paddling & of course basic tidal sea kayaking skills. You'll leave enthused & excited, knowing exactly what to do next & how to achieve it.
This is our most popular courses & a good, fun way to get started & build your confidence.
THE NEXT COURSE IN THE SERIES:
Introduction to Sea Kayaking
May 2nd 2021
Great to meet you both! We loved your ‘get stuck in’ attitude and know that you will both be great as you expand your paddling skills. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
May 2nd 2021
It was great paddling with you and we look forward to hearing of your up coming adventures in your new kayaks. Remember, practice, practice, practice and we look forward to seeing you soon!
May 2nd 2021
Sorry for the late review. The amazing venue and Nomad Sea Kayaking (Kurt & Becky) were most welcoming, making for a relaxing session, ensuring that you could ask questions or for guidance without any concerns. Look forward to the next course.
July 11th 2021
Thank you Thor! It was a pleasure to work with you both and we would love to see you again on the water. Don’t forget to bring Milo too!
Woolverstone Marina, IP9 1AS
25th February 2024, 10:00 AM
Sit on top kayak, buoyancy aid & paddle included. Touring kayaks available.
Free on site.
There are toilets available & parking is free of charge - please enter through the main gate & follow the road downhill towards the water. Parking is indicated by our ORANGE beach flag. There is a pizza take away with outdoor seating that offers good service & very good quality food with one of the most beautiful views on the Orwell. Please bring along a fold-up chair or blanket for the theory sections as we'll be working in a pretty grassy area under tree cover.