Duration: 1.5 hrs. Distance: +/- 2nm. Group Size: 6-12. Guided: Yes. Guide Ratio: 6:1. Incl: Kayak, paddle & buoyancy aid. Skills: Beginner. Fitness: Basic. Age: 16+
The Orwell estuary is renowned on the east coast for its beauty & is a haven for waterfowl such as egrets & heron & predatory birds such as buzzards, kestrel, kites & owls are abundant. A wonderful guided trip for beginners of all ages.
Kayaks are low impact & friendly to birdlife, marine mammals & sea life.
- No engine noise.
- No water pollution.
- Gentle & slow.
- Interaction Policy is in place which minimises any stress on animals (or paddlers). *See note at bottom of page.
- Our fleet of sit-on-top kayaks are high quality & stable.
- We have 100% safety track record over 18 years!
- British Canoe & I.S.K.G.A trained & qualified, full time guides.
- The price you see is what you pay, no hidden costs.
- Everything you need to enjoy this experience is provided.
- Just bring snacks & drinks.
Award Winning Guides
- Our guide team has been recognised as highly commended.
- Amongst the most experienced guides in the U.K with 18 years of full time guiding experience on the sea globally.
Options at your Discretion
- Select a different type of kayak to suit your needs.
- Ensure your valuables remain dry & secure with our optional Peli box range for hire or purchase.
- You can even opt for insurance that provides extra dates in case of unforeseen bad weather.
- You can use your own kayak & equipment if you choose to.
Recommended Activity by the Mental Health Foundation
- See Thriving with Nature Guide.
- Tranquility & beauty.
- Open space & time with yourself
- Make new friends, make new memories.
- The only kayak trip of its kind on the Orwell estuary in Suffolk.
- Great exercise for core (abdominals, obliques & torso muscles).
- Fresh air, sunshine, wind, salt water!
Offset your Carbon Footprint
- You can offset your personal carbon footprint for this event with a click of your mouse.
- You can even donate a tree sapling or hedging & visit your growing tree in years to come.
Enjoy the wonders & beauty of the Orwell estuary waters from a kayak, guided by professional, full time guides with stable kayaks over 1.5 hours.
*NOMAD Sea Kayaking maintains a strict Interaction policy, which means we don't approach any wild animals, bird, terrestrial or marine. This minimises their stress. This policy has been in place for the past fourteen years of our operations.
Woolverstone Marina Slipway, IP9 1AS
24th February 2024, 12:00 PM
Sit-on-top kayak, paddle & buoyancy aid.
Free on site.
Feel free to bring along extra warm clothing, hat, gloves et cetera, whatever you need to stay warm, there is plenty of room in our kayaks. In very hot weather please bring a sun hat, sun cream, sunglasses. We recommend leaving your electronics onshore unless it is waterproofed & secured. The more expensive the item, the quicker it sinks!!
We offer Peli waterproof hard cases for rent that will guarantee they do not get wet or damaged. Please select your Peli waterproof box when placing your booking.